iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/8BCZNsljyns” width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”>
The theme for this week is looking at your achievements.
Why do you need to do this?
1. When we are busy we tend to overlook what we have achieved and focus only on what we haven’t.
2. When we are thinking of all that we still need to do, and forget all that we have done, we bring ourselves down.
3. Not much good comes from bringing yourself down. More good comes from reminding yourself that you can do it, that you have potential. This may go against what society has taught us (don’t get too big for your boots!).
4. When you appreciate what you have achieved, what you’ve done, you will realize that things aren’t so bad after all! This builds hope and gives us a lightness that future goals are possible. Even something that seems impossible to overcome will feel more possible.
5. If you don’t stop to appreciate what you have achieved now, then even when you’ve achieved all the other goals on your list, you still won’t be happy. If we keep striving for something in the future thinking we will have ‘made it’ when we get there, it’s a bit like a mirage. As you approach it shifts further into the distance.
So decide that you can be happy right now in this moment! Now list everything you have achieved in the last 5-10 years. Include things that you may not even think are important, like the number of meals you have put on the table or how many conversations you have had to build others up.
Here are some of mine – I’m sharing them to give you permission to applaud yourself for all that you do!
- 20 years of marriage (miracle really when you think of the high divorce rate and the challenges we go through! The secret is a tolerant husband and the grace of God).
- Raising 3 teenage kids (do I need to go into the fact that it’s a miracle they are all still alive?)
- Educating 3 kids (financially and emotionally – whew!)
- Made 14 meals this week, ran kids to school, worked around their sporting commitments.
- Took Pepper for several walks this week, or was it her taking me?
- Taught my son to drive (that was fun and he’s a great driver, he could parallel park before he could drive!)
- Starting and running a business
- Having conversations that really make a difference, with people around the world.
- Sharing inspirational content to lift those that read or hear it.
- Moved countries (didn’t know how deep I’d have to dig to do this!)
- Started a property portfolio in the USA before I’d even got to grips with how things worked here in Australia.
- Watched the sunset over the sea more than five times this week.
I would love to hear your achievements, feel free to share them below. What do you want to congratulate yourself for?
I love success stories! One of my school friends has an awesome success story and she has created some videos for me to share with you here.
WHAT IS THE FIRST VIDEO ABOUT?
- You’ll learn how to increase your income;
- How to get assets into your life, working for you easily and safely and in a way that doesn’t
need you to spend loads of time;
- How to create a passive income stream business, from as little as $50 a month and less than 6
hours a year;
- An insider secret that will earn 70% more income for you; (you can’t afford not to know this)
- How to manage your money effectively, so you can live a great life now and know you’ll be safe and
secure financially in your old age.
Tell Ann I sent you!
Have a great Chooseday,
with love and gratitude,
PS: If you have a business in Perth, one of my wonderful business coaching clients is Vanessa Moore. Vanessa holds quarterly planning days- you can read more info about it here: http://www.getcoached.com.au/planning-day/ (Tell her I sent you!)