Hello and welcome
As you can see above, this week I have done a Chooseday video for you with some great tips that I’ve learnt about achieving any goal we choose.
With only 2 months to go till the end of the year, it’s time to get back to basics.
Decide what you still want to achieve by then, and do it.
Let go of the things you thought you would achieve but haven’t yet started.
Mary Morrissey said
“We keep ourselves busy to prevent us from getting to the next level of awareness”
We also make ourselves busy so we don’t have to achieve the goals that are really important to us! This time of the year is prime territory for that. We get caught into all sorts of things that make us busy but don’t get results. Enjoy the video!
In the theme of achieving our goals as the end of year is fast approaching, now is a great time to think about what you really, really want.
With the six steps that I walk you through in the video, you will notice that it starts with the desire – what you want.
For some reason we may feel that what we desire isn’t a good goal to have, that we should be striving for a more noble goal, or a goal that is more popular. The trouble with striving for ‘other’ goals is that it takes double the energy and gives a fraction of the joy that we get from going straight to what we really, really want.
So next time you find yourself wondering if you have the right goal, let me know and I’d love to help you get clear on exactly what is going to keep you motivated to get there.
In my experience, if you’ve had a setback (loss or illness, or financial disaster) you may struggle to decide what you actually want. When you feel like you’ve had the stuffing knocked out of you, it may take everything you’ve got just to get back to what you need, and you don’t have time to think about what you really want.
We tend to put aside what we want in favour of what we need.
Or you don’t believe you can achieve it.
Alternatively if you have already achieved everything you ever wanted, now you really don’t know what you really, really want. This is because you’re on a new playing field and it’s a bit like a kid in a candy store – you know how much you can achieve and now the field is wide open with options!
Either way, I think you would enjoy the Think and Grow Rich Mastermind series with me. For more information visit www.evolvedynamic.com.
Here is the excerpt from Think and Grow Rich that I talk about in the video above:
Today I’m going to share with you six practical actions – how to take your desire to create what you really want – to actually achieve it.
1. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you require (or the exact outcome you require)
2. Determine what you intend to give in return for what you desire. we know there is no such thing as something for nothing. law of sacrifice
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to achieve your goal.
4. Create a definite plan an begin at once, whether you are ready or not. don’t wait for circumstance.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of your goal, name the time limit (date), state what you intend to give in return for the money, describe the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement out loud twice daily, once before you go to sleep and once when you wake up. As you read, see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
Note that the statement only comes after you’ve got clear on what you want. This is the key thing, to be crystal clear on what you want (even if you don’t know how you will get it).
Ask yourself: “Am I willing and able to do the actions that I need to take?” If you are willing and able to investigate what it will take to achieve your goal, then you can achieve it. If you’re not willing to do the work, then you aren’t willing to achieve your goal and it will forever be a dream.
Leave a Reply